Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hot potato alternate


Hi all,
I was talking to Arlene who attended a large Christmas party and played the left right game. I think this might be a nice change from the hot potato. Each person needs to bring one small gift. It could even be wrapped nicely!
You start with the gift you brought on your lap, and pass the gifts left or right as a story is told and when the story is over, you open whichever one you hold.

the story goes something like:

Mr, Mrs and little Johnny Right live right at the bottom of a huge mountain. Each Christmas Mr Right and Mrs Right buy lots of presents for Johnny. One year they left a present in the car and Johnny noticed right away......

So the gifts get passed right, right, right, right, left, right and so it goes. I have done it before and it is fun because not everyone notices the lefts and rights right away and it gets a bit hectic. I thought if we had enough time to decide, we should all be able to find a nice gift for say $5. Arlene gave me the story, so what do you all think? Think about it - I will made another vote box to the right when my computer is not so tempermental.

Happy new year!
Ann

1 comment: